The Atlas GMT is our 2nd ever dive watch after the Seawolf. It is a purpose driven design, where functionality and readability are elevated even in murky waters thanks to its top grade Swiss luminous pigment. At its core beats a brand new Seiko NH34 GMT movement, a highly reliable Japanese caliber. GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time, which is the 'zero hour' standard according to the Royal Observatory in London. As you move around the world, you either add or subtract hours to get the time of a second time zone. The Atlas GMT is a solid everyday watch and it can be paired with leather, rubber or leather straps.
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Size: 41mm diameter
- Thickness: 13.5mm
- Bezel: Bi-directional steel with sapphire insert and BGW9 Swiss luminous
- Crystal: Sapphire with anti-reflective coating
- Caseback: Solid steel
- Dial: Metallic formed by hydraulic compression with applied index filled with BGW9 Swiss luminous
- Hands: Diamond cut hands with BGW9 and X1 C3 Swiss luminous
- Movement: Seiko NH34 GMT with automatic winding
- Jewels: 24
- Power reserve: 41 hours
- Functions: Hour, minutes, seconds, date, GMT
- Strap: Synthetic strap with stainless steel hardware
- Strap width: 20mm measured at the lugs
- Buckle: Solid steel with pin
- Water resistance: 30 ATM / 300 meters
The Dial of the Atlas GMT is clear and easy to read at a glance. The index consists of individually applied metal blocks filled with top-grade Swiss BGW9 luminous pigment, making it easy to read in darkness.
The index and hands are made in contrasting colors, such as gunmetal PVD (dark grey) in this example.
The design and proportions of this watch make it suitable for everyday wear. It is tough and resistant to the elements, relatively lightweight and compatible with synthetic nylon straps, leather or steel bracelets. Its NH34 movement is manufactured by a respected movement maker and should last for a long time.